[Owasp-testing] [Owasp-leaders] Flagship Project Status

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Sat Jun 7 23:37:48 UTC 2014

Josh,

It appears that OWASP Board may create "new" measures of quality.  Why
doesn't the OWASP Board inform us of what has changed and then provide
a grace period of us to meet these new requirements?

Why doesn't OWASP get rid of the various project statuses altogether?
To me this would get rid of the specific OWASP Project Leaders being
accused of favouritism e.g.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2011-January/009563.html.
Also, webappsec.org does not have these for their projects.

Does the OWASP Board intend to direct funding for support staff, etc
to retain the quality of flagship projects e.g.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2008-September/006854.html.
Can I also request that these staff hired to not have a relationship
with the OWASP Board Members, rather they are independent and the
example is hiring Sandra who was the wife of Paulo.

Can the OWASP Board Members who are also OWASP Project Leaders be
required to remove themselves from OWASP Project leadership for the
duration of the term of the OWASP Board?  This is a side issue but it
is clear within
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2010-July/008733.html
that both Dinis, his personal friend Paulo, and Jeff Williams
conspired to remove suitable candidates from the ASVS Leadership
selection for their own gain and coincidently contributed nothing to
ASVS once they had awarded themselves leadership of this OWASP
Project.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich