[Owasp-testing] Testing Guide V4: Stop writing, start the review

Mitchell, Rick (6030318) rick.mitchell at bell.ca
Wed Apr 2 01:12:45 UTC 2014

We're on different pages. Perhaps the index to the guide is not still in the order/format you're thinking of..... I dunno but you're making associations that I never made or suggested.

Starting at https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Guide_v4_Table_of_Contents goto section 4.2.1: "4.2.1 Conduct Search Engine Discovery and Reconnaissance for Information Leakage (OTG-INFO-001) formerly "Search Engine Discovery/Reconnaissance (OWASP-IG-002)""

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Testing:_Search_engine_discovery/reconnaissance_%28OWASP-IG-002%29

In which the lead-in talks about direct and indirect methods, yet the content of said page/article only covers direct methods. For my 2cents if indirect methods are not going to be covered within 4.2.1 then they should be mentioned in the lead-in to that section. (Perhaps they're covered elsewhere, perhaps they're not, but introducing something and then not covering it in the same section seems broken.)

Rick