[Owasp-testing] Testing Guide V4: Stop writing, start the review

Mitchell, Rick (6030318) rick.mitchell at bell.ca
Tue Apr 1 14:03:32 UTC 2014

I had some time to tackle more review this morning. I only made it through the first few sections, here are some notes:

Testing: Conduct search engine discovery/reconnaissance for information leakage (OTG-INFO-001)
* Lead-in paragraph indicates: " Indirect methods relate to gleaning sensitive design and configuration information by searching forums, newsgroups and tendering websites." Yet no such information is covered in the entry. IMHO either this article needs to be beefed up or the statement should be removed.
* Made minor corrections related to punctuation (addition of Oxford commas and some missing periods, as well as borders on images).

Fingerprint Web Server (OTG-INFO-002)
* Minor updates, grammar and content.
* Makes me wonder if we have a style guide? Are we supposed to be using Title Caps for section naming?

Testing: Review Webserver Metafiles for Information Leakage (OTG-INFO-003)
* Reference links in this article are confusing. For example: [1] in the "Summary" section is not the same as [1] in the "How to Test" section...
* Minor updates, grammar and content.

Rick