[Owasp-testing] Relation between OWASP ASVS and testing guide

Herman Stevens herman at astyran.com
Tue May 21 07:13:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

A while ago I posted the following, hopefully it can help:

*         http://blog.astyran.sg/2011/06/real-world-against-owasp-asvs.html

*         http://blog.astyran.sg/2012/03/mapping-skies-owasp-asvs-against.html

Unfortunately, I never finished the complete mapping. I believe that people are working on new versions of the ASVS and the Testing Guide.

In my vision, the ASVS should only iclude things that are _directly_ relevant for security. Anything that is a "nice to have" should not be included, since business manager will question the purpose (why put any money into a that?). Anything that cannot be reliably tested should be tossed out too.

Sincerely,

Herman