[Owasp-testing] OWASP Testing Guide v4 call for contributions

Andrew Muller andrew.muller at owasp.org
Sun Aug 4 13:46:49 UTC 2013

Hi again fellow OWASP testers,
  We've had a steady flow of offers for help getting version 4 of the
Testing Guide written and reviewed. So we're starting the August sprint *NOW
*! If you've already been assigned articles, use August to author, review
and update your articles in the wiki (
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Guide_v4_Table_of_Contents).
If you've been assigned an article with another author, then *please
collaborate with them*. Names are emails are included in the Paragraph
Management spreadsheet for this very purpose.
(
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmEhPtZ0cHq3dDc5ZFI0Nm9oSkhzNkNxTzNJbGdPdVE#gid=0
)

During August we'll continually review where we're at, and if you're
struggling to commit the time to complete your tasks or you're fighting
ideological battles with your co-authors, then please let us know early.
Please try to give us some idea of your progress throughout the month.

We've still got a few articles that need to be adopted by an author, but we
can't wait around and will pick them up either mid-sprint or next sprint.
Let us (Sam, Matt or myself) know if you're interested in taking on any of
these articles:
4.8.6.1 Oracle Testing
4.8.6.3 SQL Server Testing
4.8.6.4 Testing PostgreSQL (from OWASP BSP)
4.8.6.5 MS Access Testing
4.8.15 Testing for Buffer overflow (OTG-INPVAL-015) formerly "Testing for
Buffer overflow (OWASP-DV-014)"
4.8.15.1 Testing for Heap overflow
4.8.15.2 Testing for Stack overflow
4.8.15.3 Testing for Format string
4.8.16 Testing for incubated vulnerabilities (OTG-INPVAL-016) formerly
"Testing for incubated vulnerabilities (OWASP-DV-015)"
4.8.17 Testing for HTTP Splitting/Smuggling (OTG-INPVAL-017) formerly
"Testing for HTTP Splitting/Smuggling (OWASP-DV-016)"
4.9.1 Analysis of Error Codes (OTG-ERR-001) formerly "Analysis of Error
Codes (OWASP-IG-006)"
4.10.3 Testing for Padding Oracle (OTG-CRYPST-003) formerly "Testing for
Padding Oracle (OWASP-EN-003)"
4.11.1 Test time synchronisation (OTG-LOG-001) formerly "Incorrect time"
4.11.2 Test user-viewable log of authentication events (OTG-LOG-002)
4.13.1 Test Regular expression DoS (OTG-DOS-001) [New!] note: to understand
better
4.15.3 Testing for Cross Site Flashing (OTG-CLIENT-003) formerly "Testing
for Cross Site Flashing (OWASP-CS-003)"

Some of these articles already have content that just needs to be reviewed
and updated, while others are completely new and need to be authored. Let
us know if you can take on any of these.

Have a great and productive August and we're looking forward to a
successful sprint at the end of the month.

all the best,
  Andrew

Canberra, Australia Chapter Leader
Testing Guide Co-leader