[Owasp-testing] New tool for OWASP-CM-001

Raul Siles raul.siles at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:06:39 EDT 2011

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the OWASP guidance. I was already on the mailing-list, had
a Wiki account, and saw the v4 related threads this April, so we are
ready to go.

As this has been directly moved to the mailing list, I'm fine with
whatever the community decides:
a) I can replace Example 5 with the new tool (as it is a kind of
improved version of it).
b) I can add Example 6 covering the new tool.

Please, let me know what you prefer (read below to make up your mind).

The tool, called TLSSLed, is a bash script based on sslscan and
openssl, and is inspired by ssl_test.sh (yes, I meant ssl_test.sh and
not ssl_check.sh :( from Example 5 at [0]). IMHO, it doesn't have
enough entity to become a project on itself on one of the open-source
code repositories, so I have put it on our lab page, under "Tools":
http://blog.taddong.com/2011/05/tlssled-v10.html

Comment, suggestions, new tests, and improvements are more than welcomed!

The related blog post covering the tool purpose is available at:
http://blog.taddong.com/2011/05/tlssled-v10.html

Cheers,
--
Raul Siles - www.raulsiles.com