[Owasp-testing] New tool for OWASP-CM-001

rick.mitchell at bell.ca rick.mitchell at bell.ca
Fri May 27 08:15:59 EDT 2011

Hi Raul, OWASP is an open project. Feel free to sign-up for the wiki (https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Special:RequestAccount) and make edits/additions yourself. You should also join the mailing list(s) so that you're in the loop on the latest happenings (https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo). You should also know that things are ramping up to start work on version 4 of the Testing Guide so you should consider editing/adding content for that release.

If you're trying to get info out about your new tool your best bet is likely to post an announcement to the testing list (https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-testing) and host the tool on sourceforge, googlecode, assembla, github, etc so that people can easily submit bugs/tickets and enhancement requests, get documentation and support, and find the latest version.

Looking at the page you mentioned I don't actually see any reference to ssl_check.sh, maybe you meant ssl_test.sh. Anyway I'm not sure how others feel but at this point I don't think we (or you) should remove any content (or tool references/examples) from v3, if you want to add in alternative checks using your tool that's probably best (in my opinion).

Rick