[Owasp-testing] Authentication Mechanism

Seba seba at owasp.org
Tue Dec 29 05:03:34 EST 2009

Hi,

You'd have to be more specific about this.
I assume these parameters reference a user/password combination?

There is no particular section in the Testing Guide that helps you identify
the exact authentication mechanism.
But the referenced page states: "... Testing the authentication schema means
understanding how the authentication process works and using that
information to circumvent the authentication mechanism."

There are numerous ways to perform authentication, so it does require an
'understanding' of how it works.
Do you feel the testing guide needs a section on this?

regards

Seba