[Owasp-testing] OSSTMM manual

Roberto Tanara r.tanara at communicationvalley.it
Fri Jan 19 09:30:46 EST 2007

Javier Fernández-Sanguino wrote:

> esn't it sound strange to you that 3.0 is not yet in a "releasable"
> state and, at the same time, ISECOM has been (since 2004) providing
> "OSSTMM 3.0 Certification classes"? (for OPST and OPSA)

I'm a OSSTMM 3.0 OPST since 2004: providing certification on a version
that's not been released yet (now, 2007) really doesn't make any sense,
and only contributed to hurt ISECOM reputation, IHMO.

At the time, 3.0 should have brought brand new metrics (RAV), but many,
even paying subscribers, are still waiting.