[Owasp-testing] [Owasp-codereview] Code Review project and Code-Scanning-Tool(s)

Stephen de Vries stephen at corsaire.com
Fri Jan 19 03:16:22 EST 2007

On 19 Jan 2007, at 02:37, Jim Manico wrote:

> In the Java space the best code scanning tool I see in the OSS
> space is FindBugs; and in the commercial space I think Fortify is
> best.
>
> Instead of worrying about building an actual code scanning tool,
> why not focus on maxing a flaw taxonomy database that any tool
> vendor or OSS project can use?

Yep, I agree, the real valuable stuff is the vulnerability database
and how to identify those vulnerabilities in a given bit of code.
How this is implemented in an automated tool is a secondary concern.

Stephen

--
Stephen de Vries
Corsaire Ltd
E-mail: stephen at corsaire.com
Tel:	+44 1483 226014
Fax: 	+44 1483 226068
Web: 	http://www.corsaire.com

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) only.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
and destroy the material whether stored on a computer or otherwise.
DISCLAIMER:  Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Corsaire Limited, unless otherwise specifically stated.