[Owasp-testing] Comments for RC1 of Testing Guide

Rogan Dawes lists at dawes.za.net
Wed Feb 7 12:46:33 EST 2007

Matteo wrote:

> That's perfect!
> Rogan, can we work together to produce the v2 by next 10th Febraury?
> I'm working to add manually all the updated to the v2 RC1 doc.
>
> Mat

Yes, sure. I have it working correctly for images as well now
(wiki191.owasp.org did not have the images copied over previously), as
well as presenting items from <pre> blocks on separate lines instead of
running them all into one.

Ideally, it should use a different style for that, so it can stand out,
or be formatted appropriately.

One thing I did notice in the wikitext is that there is a fair amount of
HTML embedded. e.g. there are a whole bunch of <br> elements, which mess
up the formatting.

e.g. try http://wiki191.owasp.org/index.php/Testing_Guide_Introduction

Anyway, to test this, go to
http://wiki191.owasp.org/index.php/Special:Wiki2XML, provide a list of
articles, and choose OpenOffice ODT output.

(Obviously, this assumes that you have an OpenDocument-capable
word-processor to view the output)

A test set of articles might be:

Testing_Guide_Foreword
Testing_Guide_Frontispiece
About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project
Testing_Guide_Introduction

Let me know how it goes.

Rogan