[Owasp-testing] WebGoat Install on Linux

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfernandez at germinus.com
Wed Dec 13 08:41:23 EST 2006

Joshua Perrymon dijo:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm having a problem getting webgoat up and running on the LiveCD.. Does
> anyone have a sample webgoat.sh they can share?
>
> I downloaded the debian package tofrodos as I needed dos2unix.
> So I ran dos2unix -d webgoat.sh and the same on the catalina.sh and
> startup.sh
>
> Now I'm just having the issue in webgoat.sh in regards to my jdk 1.5
> home dir..

I had to tweak it for a fellow worker at the office and we had issues
with it mixing different JDK's/JVM's (Sun's + others which are packaged
in Debian). I remember tweaking webgoat.sh and running (multiple times
'sh -x webgoat.sh' to determine what the culprit was but I don't
remember right now offhand.

I'll see if I can get that fellow coworker to provide me with the shell
scripts we changed...

Regards

Javier