[OWASP-TESTING] timelines

Eoin Keary eoinkeary at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:54:00 EDT 2005

Hey Dan,
remember the discussion regarding the time estimation for a pen test?

Did anyone consider "Function Point Analysis" to do this.
FPA is a way to measure the size of a system. I'm no expert in this but
maybe someone else is?

"Function Point Analysis has been proven as a reliable method for measuring
the size of computer software. In addition to measuring output, Function
Point Analysis is extremely useful in estimating projects, managing change
of scope, measuring productivity, and communicating functional requirements"

http://www.functionpoints.com/
http://www.qpmg.com/fp-intro.htm