[OWASP-TESTING] phase I, pre-release

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfernandez at germinus.com
Tue Nov 16 10:13:22 EST 2004

Daniel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Attached is, what i feel, is the closest we will get for the final release
> of Phase One.
> PLEASE, if you have time by COB friday 19th nov, could you look at it and
> contribute any final changes you feel should be done.

Attached is a version including:

- the changes I suggested in Message-ID:
<4129E914.2010205 at germinus.com> and provided in
<41764521.7030308 at germinus.com>
Nobody commented on them (either saying they were ok or not ok). IMHO
they improve the text (but they probably need reviewing by a native
speaker)

- date change (July -> November)

- a note about the consequences of insecure _web_ applications (in
order to focus the text, sometimes it is too generic and applies to
any application wether it's web related or not)

- a disadvantage of source code review and advantage of pentest

- a comment about focused pentesting advantages

- fixed a reference in "Phase 2D: Create and Review Threat Models"
(the reference included the whole "Manual Inspection & Reviews"
paragraph text instead of just the title)

- Fixed book names, added publishers and ISBN numbers to all books.

Hopefully this time they will make it to the final release.

Regards

Javier