[OWASP-TESTING] Testing Sign Up

Mark Curphey mark.curphey at foundstone.com
Mon Feb 23 13:51:34 EST 2004

Superb. Comments inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE Commercial Finance, NonGE) [mailto:juan.calderon at ge.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 11:27 AM
To: Mark Curphey; owasp-testing at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [OWASP-TESTING] Testing Sign Up

Hi all, Mark

I supposed it was because it was Friday night I forgot to send my thoughts before going out of town and have no access to my email, I'll send them anyway so people in corresponding chapters can take them in account. I do agree with the outline (mostly)

1. I didn't see any "Security issue tracking" suggested/mentioned in testing guide. Information gotten from a security testing is precious and not only useful to fix those issues.  I think we can go a little further with this by suggesting to use that information so companies can deploy training plans (or any appropriated action) in the most recurrent issues to create you own security culture. Information is power have to be used!

Excellent point. All part of an enterprise program. Noted with thanks.

2. I suggest peer-to-peer reviews as other alternative technique, due to "programming immersion" we often omit security issues other can see later.

Good point.

I want to participate in chapters 3, 4, and 5 if it is not too late for that.

OK then I am on 3, Carl Davis on 4 and Nish / Harinath on 5. Please contact them on list or off list to work out logistics.

Cheers

Regards,
JC