[OWASP-TESTING] content for new portal

Ferruh Mavituna ferruh at mavituna.com
Tue Aug 3 05:50:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

First of all it looks nice,

I have some small notes & improvement ideas;

- It's better to add small icons to top menu which can tell visitor to "this
is a fly-out menu" (important for usability), Also fly-out menus should be
different than "Home" link because "Home" is not fly-out.

Icon: An arrow which is pointing to bottom.

- In "Documentation > Top Ten" menu people who have smaller screen than
1280*1024 and who views site in a smaller window can not see all menus. So
padding would be smaller. (Same in: Local Chapters and Documentation >
Testing)

- Link colors would be default (blue) or some other color because of
usability issues. Also hover color would be nice I think (maybe orange -
red).

- Search box could be "disabled" until it'll be active. A search label would
be good for a better visibility.

- Top-Left OWASP logo can be linked to homepage.

- In http://www.owasp.org/software/webscarab.html page list very close to
"Quick Links". (Just in Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2, IE 6 is fine)

Best Regards;

Ferruh Mavituna
http://ferruh.mavituna.com
PGP Key: http://ferruh.mavituna.com/pgpkey.asc