[OWASP-TESTING] Testing Project

Cuthbert, Daniel Daniel.Cuthbert at KPMG.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 04:18:44 EDT 2003

That is a real bugger to hear.
from where we left off, what still needs to be done?

i still see the testing guide fitting in well with the WebGoat project, ie user tries form validation, gets in a muddle and clicks on help and the testing guide section pops up and explains it all

We can't let this stop right here, the guide is looking great

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Curphey [mailto:mark at curphey.com]
Sent: 06 September 2003 04:10
To: owasp-testing at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [OWASP-TESTING] Testing Project

Guys,

It is with dissapointment that I have to say I have absolutely no idea now how to track David Endler down or what stage this project is at. I have left him voice mail and email for the last two weeks but to no avail.

We have tried over the last 18 months to get this going and now with two significant false starts, I am not sure I have any optimism for it left and am drawing the conclusion that it maybe one we just have to put down to experience. This is of course a shame as this is much needed work and in much demand, but without a driver making it happen it will sit in this state forever and given the significant progress other projects are making it is not conclusive to good housekeeping to have an inactive project.

If there is anyone who feels they have the time, commitment, skills and motivation to take the helm and make this happen pretty quick, then please contact me within the next week. If not I am afraid to say we are going to have to delete it.

Thanks to all of you who put effort into the project and I am personally sorry it appears to have died a slow and painful death. I will try and salvage what work was done in some way in the future.

FYI - The Guide is coming along very nicely. This too hit some sticky patches. Thanks mainly to 4 (read small group) now spending a significant amount of time on producing version 2, it will be a great read.

Kind regards and again thanks for your efforts,

Mark

		Email Disclaimer

This email has been sent from KPMG LLP, a UK limited
liability partnership, or from one of the companies within
its control (which include KPMG Audit Plc , KPMG United
Kingdom Plc and KPMG UK Limited). The information in
this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
 is prohibited and may be unlawful.  When addressed to
our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email
are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the
governing KPMG client engagement letter.