[Owasp-sydney] Hack-a-thon - Sept 25

Marcela Bénétrix marcelavbx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:25:12 UTC 2013

Count me in!
Regards
Marcela

On Sep 3, 2013 11:14 AM, "Naveen Sharma" <naveen6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to attend the event.
>
> Regards
>
> Naveen
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Norman Yue <norman.yue at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Over last month, myself and Paul T have discussed different things which
we could try within the OWASP Sydney community. One by one, these
initiatives are becoming reality. The first of these is a hack-a-thon, on
the 25th of September. The idea is to go through a live website for
vulnerabilities together (over beers/misc light refreshments). This is an
excellent introduction to penetration testing for people who haven't had
much exposure to technical penetration testing before, and there will be
prizes for more experienced ~internet explorers~ for things like the most
innovative vulnerability found.

>> Right now, we are still hashing out the finer details, and finalizing
exact targets which we can use - but we'll take care of that. For now, it's
likely to be in the CBD somewhere, at 6pm~ish on the 25th of September.

>> That said, we do need to know ahead of time how many people expect to
come. Please let me know if you are free on evening of the 25th, and would
be interested in attending this event: