[Owasp-sydney] OWASP Sydney Chapter
kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Jan 30 21:57:40 UTC 2013
As you know, the Sydney chapter has been inactive for quite some time. The
previous chapter leader officially stepped down in August of 2012.
OWASP would like to see this chapter reactivated. There will be a meeting
held during the end of April (more details to come) and hopefully, at this
meeting a new chapter leader will be voted in and the chapter can move
If you are interested in this role, please let us know.
The process is listed here:
A request to start or restart a chapter should be submitted by the founding
member or group to the OWASP Contact Us <http://sl.owasp.org/contactus> and
1. List of the people that are founding the chapter and the geographical
area to be covered by the new chapter,
2. Brief description of professional background or resume (from each of the
3. Statement of why he or she wants to be an OWASP Leader (from each of the
4. Each founding leader(s) (as well as any leaders joining the chapter after
its creation) must read, understand, and agree to the terms of the Chapter
Leader Handbook <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Leader_Handbook> .
Generally speaking, the Chapter Leader Handbook asks that you:
* Will commit to organizing at least quarterly meetings
* Will find a stable location for meetings
* Will find great speakers
* Will publicize the chapter and recruit new members
* Will keep the chapter non-commercial
Thank you for your interest!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-sydney