[Owasp-sydney] OWASP AsiaPac 2012 - Sydney Australia CFP and CFT
AppSec AsiaPac 2012 Conference
appsecasia2012 at owasp.org
Thu Jan 12 20:48:16 UTC 2012
In 2012, OWASP is holding Global AppSec AsiaPac Conference in Sydney
Australia! OWASP Asia Pacific is the foremost Application Security
conference for the region, and brings together the community in a central
meeting for 4 days to discuss and present on recent and current Application
Security related topics. In previous years the conference has been held on
the Gold Coast Australia, in 2012 the event has been moved to Sydney, and
will be held at the Four Points Sheraton Darling Harbour from the 11th to
the 14th of April 2012!
The OWASP AppSec AsiaPac 2012 Call for Papers (CFP) is now open. Please
visit the following URL to submit your abstract for the April 13-14, 2012
talks in Sydney Australia:
We will make the first round of selections, based on the CFPs we have
received by February 17, 2012. The final closing date for submissions is
Friday, March 3, 2012.
We look forward to talk submissions over the coming weeks from security
practitioners, researchers, thought leaders, and developers in the
following content areas:
* Research in Application Security Defense (Defense & Countermeasures)
* Research in Application Security Offense (Vulnerabilities & Exploits)
* Web Application Security
* Critical Infrastructure Security
* Mobile Security
* Government Initiatives & Government Case Studies
* Effective case studies in Policy, Governance, Architecture or Life Cycle
* OWASP Projects (turbo talks)
Speakers will receive free admission (non-transferable) to the conference
in return for delivering a 50 minute talk or for delivering a 25 minute
OWASP Projects turbo talk.
Call for Trainers
OWASP AppSec AsiaPac 2012 is also currently soliciting training providers
for the conference. Please visit the following URL to submit your training
proposal for the April 11-12, 2012 training days in Sydney Australia:
The following conditions apply for people or organizations that want to
provide training at the conference:
* Training provider should provide class syllabus / training materials.
* Proceeds will be split 75/25 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
* OWASP will provide the Venue, Marketing with Conference materials,
Registration and basic AV
* Trainers will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s) and
all course materials for students
* OWASP will reserve up to 2 training slots at no cost and the trainer may
reserve up to one slot at no cost
* Price per attendee: 2-Day Class $995/ 1-Day Class $595
* Trainers can brand training materials to increase their exposure
* Classes are to be focused around Application Security but are in no way
limited to web application security.
We will make the first round of selections, based on the Training proposals
we have received by February 17, 2012. The final closing date for
submissions is Friday, March 3, 2012.
Please submit proposals to http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012training. All
trainers will be required to submit a Training Instructor Agreement (
in order to have their classed scheduled. Additional information can be
found at http://www.appsecAPAC.org <http://www.appsecapac.org/>.
Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.
If you wish to get involved, present or just find out more information
about the conference, please contact the conference chair, Justin Derry, at
jderry at owasp.org or the conference planning team at appsecasia2012 at owasp.org
The AppSec AsiaPac 2012 Program Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-sydney