[Owasp-sydney] Sydney OWASP 2010 & next meeting

Damian Hyde damianhyde at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 25 23:28:04 EST 2010

G'day all, only been to one OWASP event ( Gold Coast last year) but
really enjoy the podcasts. Would love to attend the meetings and get
to meet you all. Current work as a sec consultant in Sydney, so power
to the OWASP Sydney meet ups =D

Cheers,

Damian

Ps Congrats to all making this revamp possible ;-)

On 26/02/2010, at 14:53, <harry at woodward-clarke.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> - Create a forum to bridge the gap between security professionals
>>> and
>>> developers in Sydney.
>>>

>>> And obviously, spread the good word of OWASP in the process.
>>>

>>> So enough talk, more action! What better way to spark some life
>>> back in
>>> the
>>> meeting that with some lightning talks. I’ve been to a lot of g
>>> reat
>>> lightning talk sessions over the past year in the various developer
>>> groups
>>> in Sydney, its lots of fun and gets people involved.
>>>

>>> So some rules (shameless ripped from alt.net, since I like their
> format):
>>>
>>> - Duration: 10 minutes or less.
>>>
>>> - Subject: Anything as long as it’s interesting (and probably
> webappsec
>>> related)
>>>
>>> - Experience: No previous presentation experience required
>>>
>>> - Attitude: Have fun! Grumpy bastards not allowed
>>>

>>> Date: Tuesday, 23rd of March.
>>>
>>> Venue: TBA. Sydney CBD somewhere. If you know a good venue let me
>>> know.
>>>

>>> So drop me a line if you are keen to do a talk, and put the date
>>> in your
>>> calendar.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> *Paul Theriault
>>> Principal Consultant*
>>>
>>> *STRATSEC.NET PTY LTD
>>> ABN: 14 111 187 270*
>>>
>>> *Level 6, 62 Pitt St, Sydney, NSW 2001*
>>>
>>> *M** +61 410 525 685 | O +61 2 9236 7276 | F +61 2 9251 6393 | E
>>> paul.theriault at stratsec.net | W www.stratsec.net *
>>>
>>> *SIFT** and stratsec merged in May 2009, and as part of the
>>> integration
>>> are now moving to the single brand of "stratsec".  Whether you
> previously
>>> worked with us as SIFT or stratsec, your engagement with us is
> unchanged.
>>> If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thanks for your
> support.*
>>>
>>> *IMPORTANT:* *This transmission is intended for the use of the
>>> addressee
>>> only and might contain sensitive or legally privileged
>>> information.  If
>>> you
>>> are NOT the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or
>>> dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
>>> receive
>>> this transmission in error, please notify the author immediately by
>>> telephone and delete all copies of this transmission together with
>>> any
>>> attachments. *
>>>
>>> *STRATSEC.NET PTY LTD DOES NOT AUTHORISE the recipient to further
>>> disclose
>>> this email or its contents without permission of the originator.*

>>> Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
>>> filtering.