[Owasp-sydney] Greetings - OWASP Testing Guide v3

NG, Paul (GE Capital, Non-GE) paul.ng1 at ge.com
Sun Aug 15 22:13:14 EDT 2010

Dear Dan, Leann
It's good to see such enthusiasm in web app security. I'm a web
application developer myself and only until recently have gotten really
interested in doing defensive coding against common web application
security breaches.

If you browse to links below, it has a PDF document for download and it
very comprehensive and it does present some really 'real' things you can
customize into your application security checklist & testcases that can
be incorporated into the Web Software SDLC? Just this would help...

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Testing_Project

OWASP Testing Guide v3

16th December 2008: OWASP Testing Guide v3 is finished!

*	You can download the Guide in PDF here
<http://www.owasp.org/images/5/56/OWASP_Testing_Guide_v3.pdf>
*	Download the presentation here
<https://www.owasp.org/images/2/2c/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008_OWASP_Testing_Gu
ide_v3.ppt>
*	Browse the Testing Guide v3 on the wiki here
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Guide_v3_Table_of_Content
s>

Regards,
Paul Ng

To: Dan McGrath; Owasp-sydney at lists.owasp.org
Subject: RE: Greetings

Hey Dan,

I am in a similar position to yourself, developer looking after app
security for my team, and I am from Newcastle - not much happens up here
either. I travelled down to Sydney for the last meeting (my first) and
it was definitely well worth it.

Cheers,

Leander