[OWASP-Switzerland] OWASP and RSA Conference - OWASP pulls out of training

Sven Vetsch sven.vetsch at owasp.org
Sun Jan 12 11:33:45 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
just to make things clear for the ones who didn't follow the whole debate that was going on:

If it would have been only for the RSA/NSA story (true or not) OWASP would have delivered the training as the majority of the involved OWASP members decided that the benefit for the people  who will learn about secure development is higher rated than making a statement agains something we don't have full proof of. After this was nearly decided as a final result, Eoin sent a mail [1] to the leader list that changed everything. RSA apparently tried to restrict OWASP on where else we could deliver such a training and requested a public excuse from Eoin for a tweet he made. It was then decided, that such requests are completely against the openness OWASP stands for and therefor resulted in Eoin and Jim pulling out of the RSA conference.

Currently OWASP tries to find another venue so people interested in the free secure development training would still be able to attend.

[1] http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2014-January/010707.html

Best regards,
Sven

--