[OWASP-Switzerland] OWASP Switzerland Meeting - April 9th 2014

Sven Vetsch sven.vetsch at owasp.org
Tue Apr 1 09:59:18 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
I'd like to announce, that we now have found a speaker for our next meeting on April 9th (http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-switzerland/2014-March/000270.html). Dobin Rutishauser of Compass Security stepped in and will give a presentation on a very interesting and in my opinion much underrated topic - SSL/TLS.

Title:
"SSL/TLS jungle - bringing light into the cipher forest"

Abstract:
"The protocols SSL and TLS are widely used to ensure confidentiality and integrity of data transmitted over insecure networks. As every implementation of crypto algorithms, they come in different versions, and can contain a multitude of errors, faults and configuration options. This talk will shed some light into SSL/TLS basics, and will discuss topics like the secure configuration of the TLS/SSL stack regarding to attacks like BEAST or PRISM, what the impact of Perfect Forward Secrecy is or why nobody should use RC4."

PS: If you haven't done so already, please don't forget to register for the meeting at http://doodle.com/c6sbg6yya498cuwy

Best regards,
Sven

--