[Owasp-switzerland] Call for Paper for hashdays 2011 (#days)
Sven Vetsch / Disenchant
sven.vetsch at disenchant.ch
Wed Apr 13 06:54:01 EDT 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
thanks again for the great OWASP Meeting yesterday :)
For those of you who don't already know, the hashdays
(https://www.hashdays.ch) CFP 2011 is now open.
Hashdays is an international security technology and research conference
which is preceded by several 2-day workshops delivering IT security
training. The event features many international IT security experts
sharing their deep technical knowledge in an open environment and takes
place October 26th to 29th, 2011 in Lucerne. The conference is unique in
Switzerland and is organized by DEFCON Switzerland, a non-profit
association with the aim to give experts and professionals a platform to
transfer insights into the information security domain and to sensitize
users to information security topics. The official conference web site
is located at: https://www.hashdays.ch.
The Call For Paper (CFP) is now open and we are accepting interesting &
innovative proposals for 50-minute talks.
Please follow the following guide for submitting.
In particular, we are looking for topics in the following domains:
* Operating system and application security
* Wired and wireless network security
* Mobile communication security
* Forensics and anti-forensics
* Digital privacy and anonymous communication
* Reverse engineering of software and hardware
* Malware collection and analysis
* Botnet analysis
* Electronic voting
* Security metrics and visualization
* Intrusion detection and prevention
* Cloud computing security
* Cryptography and security protocols
* Biometric system security
* Quantitative and model based IT risk management
* Submissions from academic and scientific institutions are welcome.
* Submission of package until: Sunday, July 3rd, 2011
* Latest notification date: Sunday, August 28th, 2011
The submission package is assessed by the program committee and the
author is notified on the outcome by electronic means. Your submission
package must be delivered in non-proprietary electronic formats (e.g.
PDF, OpenOffice) and contain the following:
* a proposal of your intended talk with at maximum 400 words XOR
* a full paper with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 pages XOR
* a slide deck with a maximum of 45 slides
* 150 word abstract of the talk which will be displayed on our
* Rationale why your material is significant and should be presented
* Information on whether this talk has been or will be presented elsewhere
* Samples of other materials which might help to assess your submission
* Links to your web presence, if relevant (optional)
* Your name and contact information
* Location of residence
* Country where the passport was issued
* Name of employer and/or affiliations (optional)
* 150 word biography of the speaker for use on our conference website
* A photo of yourself which is shown along with your biography (optional)
* List of previous significant talks (topic and name of conference)
* List of publications
To submit your CFP, put all the requested information into an archive
and send it by e-mail to cfp at defcon-switzerland.org.
We offer the following benefits to accepted speakers:
* Free admission for the two conference days (including lunches and
* Invitation to the complimentary speaker's dinner
* Paid accommodation for two nights at the hotel where the conference
* Reimbursement of travel expenses in economy class up to a certain amount
However, we can reimburse travel and accommodation for one person per
The author of the content keeps his or her full rights on the submitted
material. By submitting the CFP package the author agrees to the
* You confirm that the material submitted is your own except for where
explicit references to third-party works are made.
* You confirm that you have obtained permission to use and distribute
third-party content, like images.
* You give permission to DEFCON Switzerland to publishing/distributing
your material either in physical or electronic format without royalty.
* You give permission to DEFCON Switzerland to create audio and video
recordings of your presentation and publish/distribute these without
* You agree that travel and accommodation expenses are reimbursed only
upon successful delivery of your talk and upon presenting the receipts.
* You agree to reading out a disclaimer to the audience at the beginning
of your presentation if deemed necessary by DEFCON Switzerland.
* You agree not to hold DEFCON Switzerland liable for any direct or
indirect damages or costs in case the event is cancelled.
If you like our conference, you can support us by sponsoring. We offer
attractive sponsoring opportunities. For details please contact:
sponsoring at defcon-switzerland.org.
sent by Sven Vetsch / Disenchant
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Owasp-Switzerland