[Owasp-summit-2013] SIM cards with 3G data for non-US participants

Lucas Ferreira lucas.ferreira at owasp.org
Fri Nov 15 16:23:55 UTC 2013

Dinis,

the cheapest way I found to get sim cards has been through Amazon. The
biggest GSM networks here are AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile also sells
inexpensive sim cards in their web store.

You can also go to their many stores around NYC (the web sites can help you
spot one) and buy a prepaid sim card. This is usually quicker, but more
expensive (A sim card can cost 5 USD on the web and 25 USD on a store, but
I still could not find a pattern for the pricing).

Prepaid plans for data are usually very limited and expensive. I could not
find info on prepaid plans on T-Mobile's web site (I do have prepaid plan
for my kids with them). Information for ATT prepaid plans is at
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

Please let me know if you need assistance or more info.

Regards,

Lucas

--
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.