[Owasp-Summit-2011] FW: [Global_conference_committee] Invites to AppSecDC

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue Sep 21 20:50:46 EDT 2010

My view is that there is no limitations on who can attend the Summit.

So instead of this being positioned as an 'OWASP Internal event', we should
be position it as an 'WebAppSec Working Event'  or maybe an 'OWASP/WebAppSec
Working Event'.  i.e. the place were the WebAppSec/OWASP crowd get together
to work.

We have now the historical record (Portugal 2008) that we can work very hard
on this type of event/Summit (12h days, great focus, lots of energy,
etc...). We also produced a lot of outcomes and actionable actions from
those meetings (which is important since there needs to be a follow up of
what is decided)

Maybe we should leverage the concept of 'lobbycon' which has been used by a
number of attendes of our OWASP Conferences to describe that the best part
of the confereces was the conversations they had on the conference looby
(and this summit is going to 'LobbyCon on Steroids)

Of course that during this summit there are going to be a number of meetings
and presentations that will be targeted to the OWASP leaders (and probably
should be labeled as 'OWASP Internals - Attend if you are a leader or are
interrested in OWASP') but I think we have a great oportunity here to set
the stage for the best WebAppSec discussion and brainstorms.

Of course that although there are no restrictions on who can attend, there
will be a number of 'types of attendees' (note that this is still in
brainstorm format')

1) OWASP Board,  Committee member - Free Entrance, all expenses paid
2) OWASP Leaders sponsored by a chapter or project - - Free Entrance, all
expenses paid
3) OWASP Leader - Free Entrance
4) OWASP Member - TDB (xyz discount? , 1x room accomodation?)
5) OWASP Corporate Member - TDB (1 Ticket?)
6) Significant sponsor of OWASP Conferences - TBD
7) Key Industry Players that will participate on Working Sessions (directly
invited by OWASP) - Free ticket
8) Other participants: $$$ Ticket (500 USD? 750 USD? 1000 USD?)

Dinis Cruz