[Owasp-Summit-2011] John misses tonight's call

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue Sep 21 20:38:03 EDT 2010

I don't think we should NOT change the dates.

There are a number of reasons why January is a good date for the yearly
OWASP Summit and the focus on this one should be to set the standard and
come up with an action-plan for 2011

We really need to have a strong voice on this issue (the date of the Summit)
so that when people complain about the January (early February) date they
need to receive a solid reply from everybody in this team.

Although there is an issue of sponsorship I would not put that has our first
priority. We have enough already to be able to create a great event (all
board members, commitee members, some leaders and industry players (like the
Mozilla that showed interrest in attending)).

Lets focus on what is possible and then continute from there.

We know that when the OWASP crowd gets together amazing things happen and
lots of energy is generated. Lets make this summit something that we do at
least once a year (if not twice)

Dinis Cruz