[Owasp-Summit-2011] Mapping the next batch of Summit Attendees

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Mon Dec 13 01:20:00 EST 2010

Given that we have a limited budget for the Summit, I think having a model
is the right idea in order to objectively evaluate who should be sponsored
to the Summit.

I think the point values probably could use some adjustment (e.g. I think
there's a difference between an Active Chapter leader and someone who just
attends a conference).

Here's my suggestion:

   - Major Active Project Leader 5 points
   - AppSec organizer in 2009/2010 5 points
   - Special Invitation 4 points
   - Key Industry player 4 points
   - Active Chapter leaders 3 points
   - New Committee Member 3 points
   - New  Project Leader 3 points
   - Recommit Committee member 2 points
   - Past OWASP leaders 2 points
   - Responded by 30th  2 points
   - Participated at AppSec 1 point

Rationale:
- Committee Members: New committee members are demonstrating energy and
initiative. Recommitted members are members who for one reason or another
became inactive but have recommitted themselves to their committee. While
it's great that they have recommitted, I think we should give a slight
priority to new committee members over members who have already had an
opportunity to serve but failed to deliver. In essence, Recommitted
Committee members are akin to "historic" leaders
- Projects: New projects leaders are like new committee in that we want to
encourage the energy and initiative. Existing project leaders of active
projects are extremely important to the OWASP ecosystem so they should be
prioritized.

Just my humble opinion.

-Jason