[OWASP-stinger] Re: Contributing to Stinger

Roman F. ref66 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 17:43:53 EST 2004

Hi Bill -

Your help would be much appreciated.  Generating a schema and some
documentation is a great place to start.  Perhaps a little code to perform
XML validation would be next.

I haven't been working on Stinger much the past month because I've been
involved in buying a house and it has sucked up all my free time, but that
is almost over.  My plan was to improve the StingerLearnFilter class so
that it creates fewer SVDL files and eliminates repetition of Rules.

In addition, the thing we probably need the most is lots of testing.  I am
hoping to deploy StingerFilter in a production environment (Tomcat
cluster) before the end of the year.  However, the speed of that
deployment is up to my company's management...so we will see what happens.

Beyond that I think some documentation with examples would be in order,
then a marketing push with a beta and final release.  I'm sure we will
come up with other ideas as we move forward.

Glad to have you on board.  Let me know if you have joined the mailing
list and I will stop emailing you directly.

Roman

--- "Schafer, William H" <william.h.schafer at lmco.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'd like to offer to contribute a modest amount of time to the Stinger
> project. In the note below, Jeff suggests that time would be well spent
> working with the SVDL language. I can help with this. Is there anybody
> else working on this or is there any documented direction? If not, I can
> offer to put together a small schema based on my understanding of the
> test.svdl file from the Stinger download and any other information I can
> get from the code and JavaDocs, plus a short human readable introduction
> to SVDL in MSWord format.
>
> I would be interested to hear about any other work that is going on with
> Stinger.
>
> Bill S

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com