[Owasp-standards] Introduction

owasp-standards-admin at lists.sourceforge.net owasp-standards-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 5 22:33:38 EST 2006

David,

Welcome to the group! I am sure we can gain a lot from your experience with
the payment card industry.

To answer your question: Yes this standards document is focussed on web
application. The motivation behind this standards was the requirement of
OWASP compliance in PCI quarterly scans. PCI wants web based payment
applications to be OWASP compliant, but there were no details of what this
could mean and what to look for when certifying compliance.

Hence this project is to develop a formal standard that e-commerce web
applications can be checked against. We do not intend to cover non-web
applications under it, as PCI already has a standard/best practices document
for it
http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp_Payment_Application_Best_Practices.pdf

- Vivek