[Owasp-southafrica] OWASP South Africa

Elvis Ademba elvis.ademba at bluespaceconsulting.co.za
Wed Mar 24 10:04:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

We need something that can generate interest but also informative. I suggest
2 steps.

1. Perhaps a webpage with disclosing / discussing current happenings /
vulnerabilities / best practice.
2. Mandate few individuals to run & co-ordinate ­ culminating in a Articles
of association
3. Host an event with other IT security association (choose one
strategically) to leverage publicity & membership.

--
Kind Regards,

Elvis Ademba
Bsc. PDBA, CISSP, CISA
IT Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance | Blue Space Consulting Services
email: elvis.ademba at bluespaceconsulting.co.za | Mobile: +27 76 101 2428

From: Stephan Buys <owasp at stephanbuys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:28:00 +0200
To: <owasp-southafrica at lists.owasp.org>
Subject: Re: [Owasp-southafrica] OWASP South Africa

Thanks for all the replies so far, I am struck by the geographic diversity
though - it makes it quite challenging when trying to organise something
more formal. OWASP seems to promote regular meetings in stable locations,
this mailing list can perhaps underpin more focused get-togethers.

Judging by the replies it seems that the usual suspects are aware of this
list - which is a start.

* Lets take this up a notch, if you had to add your 2 cents, where would you
say we start?

I have contacted Kate Hartmann to find out if anyone ever registered as a
chapter leader and to answer the question of how many members this list
contains.

OWASP deals a lot of education and awareness, judging by the friends that
replied I am sure a good outreach to large enterprises and dev-shops can be
made.

Thanks again for the replies!