[Owasp-southafrica] OWASP South Africa Chapter Meeting - 11 May @ 7pm [was: Re: OWASP South Africa]

Paul van Woudenberg paul at thinksmart.co.za
Tue Apr 27 05:58:28 EDT 2010

Dear All,

In response to the list thread that Stephan initiated and after a few off-list emails with Stephan and Charl (SensePost), I would like to call a meeting to attempt to restart the OWASP South Africa chapter as per:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook:_Chapter%27s_life_cycle

Please join us on 11 May 2010 at 7pm at the Sandton Convention Centre. Let's explore the possibility of having a single South African chapter with alternate meetings in Jo'burg and Cape Town. This may be better suited to our geography and small App Sec community. At the meeting we'll elect some leaders, hopefully at least one in each location, and discuss potential chapter activities. We'll also need to draft a letter to OWASP describing our intentions and asking their permission to restart the chapter.

IT Web have been kind enough to allow us to use one of the conference rooms that are reserved for the IT Web Security Summit that will be held at this venue from 11 to 13 May.

See: http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30297&catid=236&Itemid=178

Let's meet at the Security Summit registration area from 6:45 onwards. I'll try and arrange with the IT Web staff that we put up signs to the room (not sure of the room number yet).

See you there!

Regards
Paul
--