[Owasp-southafrica] OWASP NY

OWASP - South Africa owasp-southafrica at lists.owasp.org
Thu Aug 14 03:07:47 EDT 2008

Thanks Lindsay,

My talk is based on the past 4 years worth of active research and
testing on financial banking applications. Whilst security testing of
banking applications isn't new, there are a handful of issues that
need to be looked at, that are drastically different from your
standard web applications.

We have found that many security consultancies do not understand the
applications they are testing and therefore pass insecure applications
as secure and ready to make the move from UAT into production,
increasing the risk for the bank.

This talk will hopefully give testers, and indeed anyone involved
within the SDLC, the right information to determine if a banking
application is fit for purpose.

Obviously I will be in NYC, so more than happy to have a drink with
anyone who is flying out.

Daniel