[Owasp-southafrica] Blackhats and Defcon

OWASP - South Africa owasp-southafrica at lists.owasp.org
Thu May 15 03:13:44 EDT 2008

It all breaks down to what you want to achieve out of them, from
personal experience:

CanSecWest - by far the best tech conference out there. No scene
idiots, or other skript kids, just talented people. Added bonus is a
130 dollar limo to Whistler, which is one of the best skiing resorts
I've had the pleasure of boarding on.

EuSecWest - ditto above, except set in Europe.

Blackhat - hmmm, when Jeff was doing it, yah ok, but now it has lost a
large chunk of appeal. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good
conference place to learn, but not like it used to be.

SysScan - Technically brilliant conference and in a city that has
amazing food and shopping, Singapore

HITB - Ditto above, but in Malaysia and sometimes Dubai