[Owasp-southafrica] OWASP South Africa - Welcome

Lindsay.vanEden at absa.co.za Lindsay.vanEden at absa.co.za
Mon Mar 3 14:58:36 EST 2008

> Good day everyone,
>
> Just wanted to welcome you all to the very early stages of what I hope
> will be an incredibly successful local OWASP chapter.
>
> As most of you are aware, the Open Web Application Security Program is
> an open community dedicated to enabling organisations develop,
> purchase, test and maintain secure applications.
>
> The OWASP principles are some of the many proven core fundamentals I
> use to help assess risk and application architecture against, ensuring
> not only security - confidentiality, integrity and availability, but
> stability in an ever changing high risk sector.  I believe the OWASP
> testing methodologies and secure coding best practices have saved me
> many a sleepless night, and is one of the many reasons I believe it is
> so important to help raise the awareness, while hopefully changing the
> way institutions, corporations, developers view and assess application
> security, which as you know, impacts network and infrastructure
> security.
>
> With that in mind, it is my hope this community will attract not only
> the development teams and risk, but security operators, information
> security staff and management.
> So please help me in spreading the word to your friends, colleagues,
> study groups and even the vendors.
>
> I am in the process of organising the first OWASP SA chapter meet, so
> please feel free to either drop me a mail or even starting a
> discussion with comments, questions and suggestions on how I can make
> this an unforgettable kick off event.
>
> We are also very fortunate to have some of THE industry leaders
> amongst us, whom need no introduction, but in my excitement feel the
> need to brag... just a little.
>
> Namely Rogan Dawes - Aspect Security
> Author of Webscarab and Webscarab NG, whose name is synonymous with
> application security.
> Webscarab being an essential tool for any application penetration
> tester.
>
> Daniel Cuthbert - Corsaire
> One of the founding member of OWASP whom has lectured at Westminster
> and Royal Holloway universities!
> Speaker at countless security conferences who's work and contribution
> to the community is priceless.
>
> Charl van der Walt & Haroon Meer - Sensepost
> Apart from Charls extensive egg and spoon racing abilities, Charl
> being a founding member of SensePost whom is frequently published and
> has co-authored many books on information security and computer
> hacking. Haroon and Charl are the authors of wikto and suru, yet
> another must have tool for today's penetration testers.
>

> Regards,

> Lindsay van Eden
> GRCB Information Security
> Barclays PLC
>
> Direct:  +27 11 772 7172
> mailto: Lindsay.vanEden at Barclays.com
> mailto: Lindsay.vanEden at ABSA.co.za

> OWASP South Africa
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/South_Africa

Important Notice:

Absa is an Authorised Financial Services Provider and Registered Credit Provider,
registration number: NCRCP7.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Please note that there are terms and conditions and some important restrictions,
qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that apply to this email. To read this
click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:

http://www.absa.co.za/disclaimer

The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email in terms of
section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions
Act, 25 of 2002.

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail
to disclaimer at absa.co.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.