[Owasp-singapore] New! OWASP Hatkit Proxy Project, led by Martin Holst Swende

Ganius Tanuel gtanuel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:14:12 EDT 2011

I probably shouldn't ask this and it's likely been asked and answered
somewhere.. but I keep asking myself: apart from the "TCP proxy"
functions, in what ways will we benefit from yet another HTTP MITM
proxy, especially when it's (again) Java based, and even more
particularly, derived from existing (still ongoing I supposed)
project?

I'll be the happy person if there's a .NET based one with similar
UI/UX as Burp/Paros/WebScarab -- not talking about Fiddler here if you
know what I mean. Or.. is one there already? Free/open, I hope?

In any case, I'm not trying to diss the project or author(s). In fact
I'll download and have it installed, just in case. You can even ignore
or belittle my armchair reaction above, no offense will be taken :)

Regards,
Ganius