[Owasp-singapore] [security-77] Fuzzing - who knows how to do fuzzing and have done it before

Pishu.Mahtani at ASIA.ING.com Pishu.Mahtani at ASIA.ING.com
Wed Apr 7 04:17:59 EDT 2010

Hi Onn Chee,

How long do you propose such a session to be? 1hr tops or an indepth deep-dive which lasts 3hrs or so(Web-apps/client-apps/documents)? I think it would give people who intend to present a much more clearer picture on the how to tailor such a presentation. Also, the pre-requisites that the audience should have before coming for this session. Just my thoughts...

Regards
Pishu

________________________________
From: owasp-singapore-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-singapore-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Wong Onn Chee
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 4:11 PM
To: security-77 at meetup.com; SIG - OWASP Singapore @MailingList
Subject: Re: [Owasp-singapore] [security-77] Fuzzing - who knows how to do fuzzing and have done it before

Great!

So anyone wants to volunteer to present on fuzzing?

We can have one session on fuzzing for web apps and another session on fuzzing for client apps / documents.

On 04/07/2010 08:34 AM, Winston Leong wrote:
I use fuzzing sometimes, but mostly in attacking and bruteforcing. Example breaking of password, intelligent fuzzing can greatly reduce the time required to actually bruteforce it via the systematic method.

OWASP also has a tool for URL Resource call DirBuster which uses fuzzing technology as well:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_DirBuster_Project

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Wong Onn Chee <ocwong at usa.net<mailto:ocwong at usa.net>> wrote:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/033110-microsoft-runs-fuzzing-botnet-finds.html

Just a show of hands - how many of you know and had performed fuzzing
before?

Cheers
Onn Chee

--

--

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | support at meetup.com<mailto:support at meetup.com>

The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Internet
email by anyone else is unauthorised.

contained in this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in any applicable governing ING's terms of business or
client engagement letter.

Visit us at www.ing.com