[Owasp-singapore] Calculation for the strength of an encryption algorithm

Donald Ong donald.ong at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:13:00 EDT 2009

Hi Onn Chee,

Yup, I know the term. I wanna to know better how the industry set a standard
that a certain no. of bits is consider good of particular algorithm for a
year before need to change the key again.

If I tell someone 1024bits RSA is good enough for his objective, I do wanna
prove it to them too. Just wonder is there certain way to calculate for such
things.

Regards,
Donald