[Owasp-sanantonio] DNS data exfiltration on Fri Aug 26

Dan Cornell dan at denimgroup.com
Tue Aug 23 22:34:09 UTC 2016

Just a reminder that the next OWASP San Antonio meeting is this Friday.

MeetUp link with details here:
http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-San-Antonio/events/233427790/

Come one, come all! (Just please be sure to sign up so we have enough food)

Thanks,

Dan

    Friday, August 26, 2016
    11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
    Denim Group
    1354 N Loop 1604 E Ste 110, San Antonio, TX (edit map)

    Join us for the August OWASP San Antonio meeting!

    We will have a talk about Automated DNS Data Exfiltration and Mitigation .

    Speakers: Nolan Berry, Towne Besel, Cory Schwartz

    Bios:

    Nolan Berry is a Linux Systems Engineer on the Network Operations DNS Infrastructure team at Rackspace.

    Towne Besel is a Security Engineer on the Network Operations DDoS Team at Rackspace.

    Cory Schwartz is a Linux Operations Engineer on the Rackspace Cloud Storage Team.

    Title:

    Automated DNS Data Exfiltration and Mitigation

    Abstract:

    Come and learn about DNS based data exfiltration and see it in action.  We will show you how a few simple scripts we wrote can steal data from a secure network almost without detection using obfuscated DNS lookups.  We will cover the concepts, perform a live demo, and show you how to detect this type of malicious activity.

    Denim Group Offices: 1354 N Loop 1604 E Suite 110, San Antonio, TX 78232

    Dan Cornell | Founder, CTO
    1354 N Loop 1604 E Suite 110
    San Antonio, Texas 78232
    dan at denimgroup.com
    office 210.572.4400
    mobile 210.859.0921
    Follow me on Twitter: @danielcornell
    www.denimgroup.com
    DENIM GROUP | The Leading Secure Software Development Firm