[Owasp-sanantonio] Call for Presentations: SnowFROC 2013 cybersecurity conference (Denver, CO)
mark.major at owasp.org
Tue Jan 15 20:10:58 UTC 2013
*=== FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION ===*
(Please redistribute this announcement to colleagues and peers as
The Colorado OWASP <https://www.owasp.org> chapters are pleased to announce
that the 5th annual Front Range OWASP Conference
will occur on Thursday, March 28, 2013 in Denver, Colorado, USA.
Effective immediately, the SnowFROC planning committee is accepting
proposals for presentations on topics surrounding cyber security and web
application development and operations.
*Criteria and Submission*
Potential speakers may submit abstracts of proposed presentations to
The submission tool will format newly-created abstracts automatically, but
all uploaded materials must adhere to the following requirements:
- Only Microsoft Word documents, PDFs, rich-text format documents, and
text files will be accepted.
- Author names, affiliations, email addresses, and other
personally-identifiable information must be stripped from uploaded
- Presentations must contain a title at the top of the document.
- Presentation overviews should not exceed 300 words.
Presenters will be allotted 45-minute time slots. One abstract must be
submitted for each presentation considered. All abstracts must be written
The following criteria will determine abstract rankings:
- Applicability to the requested topics (see below)
- Relevance to web application development and operations
- Relevance to the cybersecurity Industry at large
- Relevance to the OWASP foundation
- Strength of presentation (as determined by the review committee)
- Timeliness of submission
Submitted abstracts will be assessed by selected members of the Colorado
OWASP chapters. All reviews will be blind and reviewers will not have
visibility to author information.
*Dates and Deadlines*
Abstract collection begins immediately and will continue until all speaking
slots are filled. Rolling evaluations will occur with selected papers
announced each Monday beginning on February 11th. Although the rolling
format extends the submission period significantly, potential speakers are
advised to submit as early as possible in order to maximize chances for
Final presentations of accepted abstracts must be submitted for review by
March 17th. Templates and other presentation formatting constraints will be
made available to selected speakers directly.
All accepted presentations will be delivered during conference proceedings
on March 28th, 2013.
All speakers must agree with and abide by the OWASP Speaker Agreement
*Anyone who cannot or will not abide by these terms will not be permitted
to present at the conference.*
In addition, presenters must agree to allow use of abstract titles, text,
and speaker names and bios for conference promotion. With speaker consent,
presentation materials will be distributed to conference attendees and will
be archived for future reference. With speaker consent, presentations will
be recorded and archived.
SnowFROC 2013 is a multi-track conference emphasizing a breadth of
information and skills. Conference organizers are actively seeking
presentations aligning with the following tracks and topics:
*High-level technical track*
- Web application security testing, especially targeting large and
complex enterprise applications
- Mobile device security
- Cloud security
- Impacts on the security model
- Implementation of security controls
- OWASP tools and projects
- New and proposed projects
- Development and status of existing projects
*Deep-dive technical track*
- Technology-specific presentations (HTML5, AJAX, etc.)
- Secure coding for web applications
- Static code analysis
- Hands-on countermeasures
- Encryption across an n-tiered web application stack
- Auditing web application mash-ups
- Web application security management (scope, boundaries,
responsibilities, legal considerations, etc.)
- Emerging threats
- Planning and managing secure software development life cycles
- Metrics for managing application security
- Business risks associated with application security
- Liability related to web application security
- Data ownership and privacy laws within the cloud
- Cybersecurity and privacy legislation and regulation
- Electronic discovery considerations, both traditional and in the cloud
- Cybersecurity considerations related to law enforcement
Please direct CFP inquiries, SnowFROC questions, and get-me-off-this-list
hate mail to mark.major at owasp.org<mark.major at owasp.org&subject=SnowFROC+CFP>
General information about SnowFROC is available at www.snowfroc.com.
Conference registration and travel accommodation information will be made
available within the next week.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-sanantonio