[Owasp-salt_lake] Job opening for pen testers and meeting reminder
dmitry.dessiatnikov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:53:59 UTC 2012
At our last meeting I mentioned about job opening for pen testers at the
security consulting company I work for. A couple of people approached me
about it so I am providing details below. Let me know if you are looking
and think you would be a good fit.
Also don't forget about our next meeting on October 4th at 6 pm. Justin
Searle from UtiliSec will continue presenting on pen testing with Samurai
WTF. See you there!
*Job Summary and Description:*
Accuvant, an IT security firm, is recognized as one of America’s fastest
growing companies and has been named to the Inc. 5000 list for 2007-2010.
Accuvant has been named Top Company by ColoradoBiz Magazine and Top
Technology Practice in Security by Everything Channel. Since 2002, more
than 3,900 organizations, including 65 of the Fortune 100 and 20 of the
largest U.S. Federal Agencies, have trusted Accuvant with their data
security challenges. Headquartered in Denver, Accuvant has offices in 36
cities across and United States, Canada and Europe.
Principal Assessors are responsible for providing Accuvant’s clients with
world-class consulting services, focusing on the performance of security
assessments and penetration testing of application and enterprise
environments as well as security research and development of security
tools, processes and testing methodologies.
- All pre-project planning and kickoff agenda items and associated
- Provide confident leadership throughout the engagement process – from
kickoff to post-engagement report
- Monitor consultant project activities and effectively assist them with
technical tasks and issues.
- Conduct technical reviews within service line offerings
- Provide consistent and professional deliverable documentation in a
- On/Off-site client technical and project lead
- Significant client interaction & project management throughout
- Improve engagement efficiency and accuracy
- Provide thought leadership in the security space
- Be recognized within Accuvant for one or more areas of technical
- Lead communications of technical ideas throughout Labs organization
- Refining and streamlining technical procedures for existing service
- Review and approve modifications, developed by consultants, to
procedures utilized in client engagements.
- Provide training/mentoring to new or more junior members of the team.
- Providing support for pre-sales client interaction including:
- Qualification stage – qualification of scope and review of
- Proposal stage – technical language & effort
- Quality review of data produced for:
- Client engagements
- White papers
- Conference presentations
- Automate engagements
- Identify areas where code or processes could be implemented to
streamline service line offerings
- Professional security consulting experience, typically obtained in 6-7
- Established reputation as in industry leader
- Previous speaking engagements at conferences such as Black Hat
- CVE credits or other industry accomplishments required
- *MUST HAVE:*
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to travel at least 50 percent of the time
- High School Diploma or GED
*DESIRED Skills/Experience (include education - certifications - etc.):*
- *Technical Knowledge:* Prior experience typically obtained by
conducting client engagements within enterprise organizations.
- *Written Documentation Skills:* Writing documentation for all project
phases including pre-project planning, ongoing status reports, and project
- *Consulting Skills: *Determining client’s needs, establishing rapport,
representing the “source of truth” for the client. Ability to manage time
effectively dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks.
- *Technology Evangelizer:* Proactively researches and assesses security
technology; explores new innovations; early tester of new and emerging
- *Client Management:* Ability to set and manage client expectations
within the parameters of the SOW.
- *Analytical Proficiency:* Ability to analyze data and draw logical
- *Effective Communication:* Uses advanced verbal and non-verbal methods
of communication to influence customers and colleagues.
- *Entrepreneurial:* Recognizes and pursues opportunities, target
markets, and go-to-market strategies to develop business
- *Process Improvement: *Able to identify and recommend improvements in
Accuvant’s methodology and internal processes. Ability to provide input and
support for updating consulting tools and techniques.
- *Professional / Industry Networking: *Utilizes professional contacts
within and outside of the organization
- *Acts with Integrity:* Demonstrates the qualities of being ethical,
forthright, and trustworthy
- *Quality: *Champions quality in daily role
- *Manages Ambiguity: *Able to work in an environment where the
structure and direction may be unclear or changing
- *Conflict Management: *Able to prevent and manage conflict; create
- *Promotes Teamwork: *Builds collaboration among team members by
sharing information and resources
- *Organizational Fit:* Able to work within the Accuvant environment
- *Self-aware: *Able to identify personal strengths and weaknesses and
engage in self directed growth
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-salt_lake