[Owasp-royalholloway] OWASP AppSec Research 2013
justin.clarke at owasp.org
Mon Jun 10 11:26:50 UTC 2013
Announcement from the AppSec Research folks:
The OWASP AppSec Research 2013 (https://appsec.eu), *the* web application security conference will take place from
20 – 23 August 2013, Tuesday – Friday in Hamburg, Germany
Registration has just been opened. Early Bird closes at July 1st, so hurry up!
Here are the outlines of the agenda. The training will be on 20/21 August, the conference 22/23 August 2013.
And last but not least: Trainers with outstanding international reputation!
Exciting Conference program highlights (appsec.eu/program/talk-teaser/)
* David Ross (Microsoft): inventor of the XSS filter in IE8+
* Yvan Boily (Mozilla): Application Security Manager @ Mozilla talking about the new security testing framework Minion
* Nick Nikiforakis (University Leuven): Web fingerprinting and privacy
* Taras Ivashchenko (Yandex): Content Security Policy
* Chris Eng (Veracode): Real-World Agile SDLC
* Simon Bennetts (Mozilla/OWASP): What's new in OWASP Zed Attack Proxy
* Dave Wichers (Aspect/OWASP): OWASP Top 10 – 2013
* Jim Manico (WhiteHat/OWASP): Top 10 Proactive Controls
And last but not leat the HackPra AllStars track (appsec.eu/hackpra-allstars/) with prolific speakers and top-tier researchers in the field of web-security around Mario Heiderich, Gareth Heyes, Michele Orrú etc.
This surely very exciting conference will take place in the surely most exciting and most beautiful city of Germany: Hamburg (https://appsec.eu/about-hamburg/). With river and canal cruises, Europe’s second biggest harbour as part of the city, famous streets for nightlife, a vibrating cultural life, as well as a strong creative and tech industry presence, Hamburg is the ideal location to spur innovative thinking and knowledge sharing at the
AppSec Europe 2013 conference.
OWASP is the foremost web app security organization in the world, with thousands of members globally, including some of the biggest names in the industry. The goals of OWASP are to make web applications safe and to educate users, developers, governments, and business leaders on how to protect vulnerable information and avoid dangerous hacks that can cost millions of Euros to fix.
For any question do not hesitate to contact us: owasp at bernskoetter.de .
Your OWASP AppSec Research Team
More information about the Owasp-royalholloway