[Owasp-royalholloway] [Owasp-london] Fwd: [internet-safety] ISPA consumer focus parental controls meeting - 2pm, Tuesday May 15

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed May 2 14:22:41 UTC 2012

Great! What about also doing a presentation about it (as long or short as
you want) at the next owasp Royal Holloway meeting on the 7th of June?

:)

Dinis Cruz

On 2 May 2012, at 14:56, Mohinder <mohinder.khosla at talk21.com> wrote:

I might go along once I get the confirmation from Andrew. I will take some
notes and distribute if I do.

With kind regards,

Mohinder Khosla, PhD
 *From:* "Andrew Kernahan" <Andrew at ispa.org.uk>
*Date:* 2 May 2012 10:16:19 GMT+01:00
*To:* <ispainternet-safety at lists.ispa.org.uk>, <
ispaliability at lists.ispa.org.uk>
*Subject:* *[internet-safety] ISPA consumer focus parental controls meeting
- 2pm, Tuesday May 15*
*Reply-To:* ispainternet-safety at lists.ispa.org.uk

    All,

Following the publication of Claire Perry’s report into online child safety
and the subsequent Daily Mail campaign, ISPA and Consumer Focus are
organising a meeting to bring together ISPs and civil society
organisations.  The purpose of the meeting is to update on where we are and
look at potential scope for future work and messaging, particularly with
the Comms Green Paper likely to touch on this.

For instance, the freedom of expression implications for default filtering
are important but often sound better coming from civil society
organisations rather than ISPs.  Alongside ISPA, Big Brother Watch and ORG
have been criticising the plans, but it would be good to get more
organisations raising concerns.

The meeting is taking place from 2-4pm on Tuesday May 15 at Consumer Focus
(Fleetbank House, Salisbury Square, EC4Y 8JX). An agenda will be sent round
prior to the meeting.  Please let me know if you would like to attend.

Thanks,

Andrew
*
Internet Services Providers' Association (ISPA UK)
1 Castle Lane
London SW1E 6DR
Tel: 020 3397 3304
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ISPAUK
Sponsor the 14th Annual UK Internet Industry Awards
www.ispaawards.org.uk/page/sponsorship