[Owasp-Recife] Fwd: OWASP May 28 Connector

Caio Dias caio.dias at owasp.org
Thu May 29 00:22:54 UTC 2014

Repassando...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The OWASP Foundation <The_OWASP_Foundation at mail.vresp.com>
Date: Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Subject: OWASP May 28 Connector
To: caio.dias at owasp.org

<http://cts.vresp.com/fbl?7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/http%3A%2F%2Fhosted-p0.vresp.com%2F1479611%2F7c4dfa1834%2FARCHIVE%23like>
<http://cts.vresp.com/ts?7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/http%3A%2F%2Fapi.addthis.com%2Foexchange%2F0.8%2Fforward%2Ftwitter%2Foffer%3Ftemplate%3D%257B%257Btitle%257D%257D%2B%257B%257Burl%257D%257D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fhosted-p0.vresp.com%252F1479611%252F7c4dfa1834%252FARCHIVE%26shortener%3Dbitly%26title%3DOWASP%2BMay%2B28%2BConnector>
<http://cts.vresp.com/ls?7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/http%3A%2F%2Fapi.addthis.com%2Foexchange%2F0.8%2Fforward%2Flinkedin%2Foffer%3Ftemplate%3D%257B%257Btitle%257D%257D%2B%257B%257Burl%257D%257D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fhosted-p0.vresp.com%252F1479611%252F7c4dfa1834%252FARCHIVE%26shortener%3Dbitly%26title%3DOWASP%2BMay%2B28%2BConnector>
  [image: OWASP Global Connector]

May 28, 2014 | |
www.owasp.org<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/f52f4ab03d>|
Contact
Us<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/2819f30640>|
Brought to you by the OWASP Foundation
    [image: owasp projects]  Featured OWASP Projects

OWASP STING Game
Project<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/9ae0b3ebce>

The OWASP STING Game Project is a card game in downloadable format or if
funded, printed and distributed at OWASP events.

STING is a combative card game in the style of Magic the Gathering designed
to teach application security attack and defense. Players will
simultaneously attack other players apps while defending their own and
supporting game business objectives.

For more information, please contact the Project Leader, Tony Turner

OWASP GoatDroid<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/dc356840fd>

OWASP GoatDroid is a fully functional and self-contained training
environment for educating developers and testers on Android security.
GoatDroid requires minimal dependencies and is ideal for both Android
beginners as well as more advanced users. The project currently includes
two applications: FourGoats, a location-based social network, and Herd
Financial, a mobile banking application. There are also several feature
that greatly simplify usage within a training environment or for absolute
beginners who want a good introduction to working with the Android platform.

For more information, please contact the Project Leader, Jack Mannino
New OWASP Projects

OWASP PHP Security Training Project

The goal of this project is to create an interactive training system,
consisting of several units, for PHP developers. Every unit is divided in
an attack and a defense part. For more information, please contact the
Project Leader, Timo Pagel. <timo.pagel at owasp.org>

OWASP Hardened Phalcon Project

The Phalcon Framework is the world's fastest PHP Framework, however, like
most frameworks it is not 'hardened' by default. OWASP Hardened Phalcon
aims to help developers harden their Phalcon applications in-line with the
published OWASP guidelines. For more information, please contact the
Project Leader, Rhodry Korb. <rhodry.korb at owasp.org>
Project Announcements

Project Summit

We are just a little over a month away from AppSec EU and the 2014 Project
Summit. So far we have some great projects signed up to participate, but we
need more projects participating. The Project Summit is a fantastic
opportunity to workshop your project and gather new volunteers for your
project. The Project Summit will be taking place June 23-24 Anglia Ruskin
University in Cambridge, UK and is free and open to the Community. You do
not need a conference pass to attend the Project Summit.

Don’t have a project? No problem, we can still use your help at the Project
Summit. Sign up to participate in the Project Summit by contacting Samantha
Groves <samantha.groves at owasp.org> or Kait
Disney-Leugers.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/a4979dc86f>

Check out the current lineup of projects and add your project to the list.
This page will be updating regularly until the start of the Project
Summit: Project
Summit Home Page.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/72ddfa3088>

Webinar Opportunities

There are still plenty of open dates available to record your webinar. We
are changing the format of our webinars, and now we are giving Leaders an
opportunity to reach out to us and let us know when they are available. The
Ops Team will then work to accomodate your schedule. The final webinar will
be posted on our official YouTube channel. Please reach out to Samantha
Groves <samantha.groves at owasp.org> if you are interested in giving a 45
minute webinar on your OWASP Project.

Join us at AppSec EU in Support of Projects

There are many event activities directly aimed at promoting our OWASP
Projects taking place at AppSec EU 2014 in Cambridge UK. We are having the
2014 Project Summit taking place on Monday, June 23rd and Tuesday, June
24th from 9am to 6pm on both days. Here, our project leaders will have an
opportunity to work on participating projects. On Wednesday, June 25th we
will be having the Open Source Showcase where participating projects will
demo their work to conference attendees. On Thursday, June 26th we will be
having the Project Leader Workshop lead by Simon Bennetts, OWASP ZAP
Project Leader. Join us and support our OWASP Project Leaders at AppSec EU
2014. To register, please visit the AppSec EU 2014 registration
page.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/c5a203ec48>

     [image: membership]  Thank you to our recently renewed Corporate
Members:

   - Acunetix
   - Astech Consulting
   - Sonatype, and
   - UPS

Honorary Membership applications now being accepted.

Be sure to review the
requirements<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/e5693153db>for
Honorary Membership before you
submit your form<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/3cd1378d9a>.
Deadline for Honorary Membership is September 30, 2014 **Please note:
Chapters and Projects MUST be active. Your leadership position MUST be on
file prior to September 30, 2014 in order to be eligible for 2014 Honorary
Membership. ALL qualified individuals MUST apply for Honorary Membership in
order to vote by completing the Honorary Membership
Form<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/be54725c08>
.    [image: conferences]  Global AppSec Events in 2014

AppSec EU 2014 (June 23 - 26, Cambridge,
UK)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/00454619db>

   - Keynotes announced! Lorenzo Cavallaro, Tobias Gondrom, Dr. Steven J.
   Murdoch, Wendy Seltzer, and Jacob West
   - A few sponsorship are still
available<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/481bab8f25>
   - Training details are
available<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/fba9ab8341>
   - Registration is now
OPEN<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/2a156ee3c5/event_id=a1kU0000000ekbaIAA>

AppSec USA 2014 (September 16 - 19, Denver,
CO)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/902fcd3416>

   - Keynotes announced! Steve Crusenberry, Gary McGraw, and Bruce Schneier
   - Sponsorship opportunities are still
available.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/b164ea8b77>
   - Member Event
Registration<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/3077afb7f8>
   - Public Registration<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/760eafe325/id=a2oU0000000LJBkIAO>
   ,

Upcoming Regional Events

LASCON 2014 (October 21 - 24, Austin,
TX)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/196e51abc0>

Keynotes confirmed include: Kelley Misata (Director Of Outreach and
Communications, The Tor Project), Jeff Williams (CTO, Contrast Security),
Zane Lackey (Founder/CSO @ signal sciences), Marcus Carey, and Chris
Nickerson
Partner and Promotional Events

OWASP has partnered with these great events in beginning of 2014 to grow
our community and build awareness around software security. If you want to
learn more about OWASP's involvement or will be attending and want to help
out contact us<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/2a6d96f4ba>

Hacker's IDOL - A Cyber Safety Campaign, April 1-October 17, India.

Suits & Spooks <http://spooks.wpengine.com/new-york-2014/>, June 20-21, NY,
NY.

BlackHat<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/6c2a2c3ae3>August
2-7, Las Vegas, NV. OWASP Members receive $200 off BH briefings with
code: owaBR200off.

BSides LV<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/6c65d220fa>,
August 5-6, Las Vegas, NV.

EC-Council TakeDown
Con<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/ee2bad77a4>,
August 14-19, Huntsville, AL.

EC-Council Hacker Halted, October 12-17, Atlanta,
GA.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/bd54b4c90e>

ISSA International
Conference<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/393d44a7d7/issaconf_home>October
22-23, 2014, Orlando, FL

Suits & Spooks<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/806a63c3c0>,
December 14, Singapore.

  [image: Social Media]  OWASP Foundation Social Media

LinkedIn<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/f6d27bd6d5>

Twitter<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/1f6df6716b>

Google +<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/9cd24ddaa9>

Facebook<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/766ab0449e>

Ning<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/14eed247e3>

StackOverflow<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/22f9e4c2ee/tab=newest&q=owasp>
        [image: communication]  OWASP Committees 2.0

OWASP is an organization that has been built on collaboration and community
involvement. I also hope that OWASP is an organization that can support and
innovation - encouraging the community to try new things and be willing to
look frequently and assess what is working and what isn't.

We have grown to the point where an improved process needs to be
implemented where our leaders can lead and those who wish to participate
can do so easily and productively.

In 2008, the Foundation created committees. These committees were
successful in that they pushed forward some much needed guidelines and put
some structure around areas that were undefined.

Unfortunately, over time, there were built in flaws with the committee
design that created roadblocks and eventually their failure.

We would like to propose a revamped committee structure based on a solid
foundation that provides the voice and opportunities to the community. This
structure will depend on a high level of community engagement.

Wiki page outlining structure for the committees
2.0<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/a154140b71>

Most importantly - We want your input! not just leaders, or individuals
with an owasp.org email, anyone in the community is encouraged to
participate in this poll of both the general idea of the committees 2.0 and
particular features of the new model. Participate
here<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/dfaa7ef7e0/authuser=1#16/e=2130f2>-
anyone can view, you must be logged into a google account (not just
owasp.org) to vote or submit a suggestion.
2014 Global Board of Directors Election

Each year The OWASP Foundation holds its annual Global Board of Directors
election. This October, OWASP members will be voting to fill 3 of the 7
seats available. If you are interested in learning more about the election
and what the requirements are to run for a seat, please visit our 2014
Board Elections
page<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/26ac781952>.
Our Call for Candidates is now open! Please submit your candidacy
here<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/3a3270f823>.
Call for Candidates will close August 15, 2014.

During the candidates recorded interview, each candidate will be asked a
series of questions provided by our OWASP Community. Anyone can submit a
question(s), vote up or vote down existing questions. The top 5 to 6
questions will then be used for each candidate’s interview. If you have a
question you would like to submit, please do so
here<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/6c7c5e5be6>.
Deadline to submit your question is August 25, 2014.

For a complete Election Time line, Click
Here<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/252183778d>
Just for Fun

Congratulations to Ben Dechrai who was the first person to solve last
week's challenge: *The missing pages are 291 to 322 included*

Click here to view last issue's
puzzle<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/8092c0a3f4>

*Let's see who has the fastest solution this week ...*

Five pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot.
The pirates are all extremely intelligent, treacherous and selfish
(especially the captain). The captain always proposes a distribution of the
loot. All pirates vote on the proposal, and if half the crew or more go
"Aye", the loot is divided as proposed, as no pirate would be willing to
take on the captain without superior force on their side. If the captain
fails to obtain support of at least half his crew (which includes himself),
he faces a mutiny, and all pirates will turn against him and make him walk
the plank. The pirates start over again with the next senior pirate as
captain.

What is the maximum number of coins the captain can keep without risking
his life?

Send your answers to our comment desk <support at owasp.org> for a chance to
win a prize. Winners will be announced in the next connector.

   [image: education]  [image: webinar globe] OWASP Global Webinars

In case you've missed any of our past webinars, you can replay them from
the OWASP YouTube
channel.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/7c4dfa1834/790a67525f/0d95a3de20>

All of our webinars as well as conference talks and the tutorial series
have all been posted. If you have content that should be on the OWASP
channel, contact Jonathan Marcil <jonathan.marcil at owasp.org>

  The OWASP Foundation
1200-C Agora Drive
Bel Air, Maryland 21014
US

Read <http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html> the
VerticalResponse marketing policy.
  [image: Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!]
<http://www.verticalresponse.com/landing/ef/?np/7c4dfa1834&utm_campaign=footer&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=footer>

--

[image: Caio Dias on about.me]

Caio Dias