[Owasp-Recife] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] European Data Protection Supervisory partners with OWASP Top 10 Privacy Risks Project

Caio Dias caio.dias at owasp.org
Mon Apr 14 19:57:53 UTC 2014

Esse material será bem útil.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Florian Stahl <florian.stahl at owasp.org>
Date: Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Subject: [Owasp-leaders] European Data Protection Supervisory partners with
OWASP Top 10 Privacy Risks Project
To: OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
Cc: stefan.burgmair at msg-systems.com

Dear OWASP Leaders,

I just wanted to inform you that we receive great feedback for the OWASP
Top 10 Privacy Risks
Project.<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Top_10_Privacy_Risks_Project>Stefan
Burgmair (Master's Student of the University of Applied Technology
in Munich) and me started this project in February to identify the most
critical organizational and technical risks for personal data in web
applications.

The IAPP <https://www.privacyassociation.org/> published an
article<https://www.privacyassociation.org/publications/owasp_looking_for_volunteers_for_privacy_top_10_project>about
the project on its webpage and now we have already 80 volunteers that
want to participate.

Last week we got contacted by the European Data Protection
Supervisory's<https://secure.edps.europa.eu/EDPSWEB/edps/EDPS?lang=en>Head
of IT Policy. They want us to become part of the core team of their
Internet Privacy Engineering Network (IPEN) that aims to develop solutions
to improve privacy on the internet and they were exactly looking for a
method and project like ours. So the OWASP Top 10 Privacy Risks will be a
key input for some of their workshops later on this year.

It seems that we cover really important aspects with this project and
there have not been any comparable efforts yet. I am looking forward to the
results since we are still in an early stage. You can find further
information on our project
site<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Top_10_Privacy_Risks_Project>
.

Best regards,