[OWASP-Raleigh, NC] OWASP NC Meeting May 26 - PLEASE RSVP via Link

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:42:03 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Michael Menefee <
mmenefee at wireheadsecurity.com> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Zoji is free, which is why we went with that initially. When we started
> this, meetup was still a pay-for service (not sure if that's still the
> case), and there was a lot of dialogue on the OWASP leader's mailing list
> about this and other paid-for services (which some of the larger chapters
> are/were using at the time). We can re-evaluate, but for the time being,
> there's no required registration, so it's free and easy for us. We're open
> to suggestions, but need to be frugal ;)
>
> Mike Menefee

Free is indeed a good price.
You can run 3 meetup groups per paid account, so another alternative could
be to try to coperate with ISSA and/or ISACA to share costs..
Other groups I attend sidestep that whole thing and RSVP on a mailing list
thread, since everybody's got that and it's easy to reply.  MIght encourage
others to respond.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Look forward to seeing you all at the meeting.

Steve