[OWASP-Raleigh, NC] Free Homeland Security Software online course & DHS certification - ACT Online Please announce

valdez ladd valdez.ladd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:08:23 EDT 2009

All.

 Dear ACT Online User,

We are pleased to announce that Secure Software (TEI Course Number:
AWR-178-W) has completed review by the Department of Homeland Security and
is now available as a DHS approved course.

Secure Software covers secure programming practices necessary to secure
applications against attacks and exploits. Topics covered include
fundamental concepts of secure software development, defensive programming
techniques, secure design and testing, and secure development methodologies.
Click here<https://www.act-online.net/index.php?option=com_matrix&Itemid=100>to
visit the ACT Online course catalog and enroll (you must be logged in
enroll in a course).

https://www.act-online.net/index.php?option=com_matrix&Itemid=100

Regards,

Wesley Robinson

ACT Online Administrator
Cobham Analytic Solutions
support at act-online.net

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Steve Pinkham <steve.pinkham at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Michael Menefee <
> mmenefee at wireheadsecurity.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve,
> >
> > Zoji is free, which is why we went with that initially. When we started
> > this, meetup was still a pay-for service (not sure if that's still the
> > case), and there was a lot of dialogue on the OWASP leader's mailing list
> > about this and other paid-for services (which some of the larger chapters
> > are/were using at the time). We can re-evaluate, but for the time being,
> > there's no required registration, so it's free and easy for us. We're
> open
> > to suggestions, but need to be frugal ;)
> >
> > Mike Menefee
> >

> Free is indeed a good price.
> You can run 3 meetup groups per paid account, so another alternative could
> be to try to coperate with ISSA and/or ISACA to share costs..
> Other groups I attend sidestep that whole thing and RSVP on a mailing list
> thread, since everybody's got that and it's easy to reply.  MIght encourage
> others to respond.
>
> Anyway, just some thoughts. Look forward to seeing you all at the meeting.
>
> Steve
>

> > --
> > Michael S. Menefee, CISSP (#43728)
> > President and Co-Founder