[Owasp-Pune] Fwd: Special Live Webcast Today: WannaCry ransomware threat analysis

Ashish Mehta technoconsulting4smbs at gmail.com
Sat May 13 08:04:19 UTC 2017

Fyi

Ashish.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *SANS Institute* <sans at sans.org>
Date: Saturday, 13 May 2017
Subject: Special Live Webcast Today: WannaCry ransomware threat analysis
To: technoconsulting4smbs at gmail.com

Learn mitigation strategies and what we know about the malware
View this email as a web page
<https://view.email.sans.org/?qs=42e9e1bc832b77ffebba9bdccd674aa9cdc651a24e5c9508c78375040279d18ec6bf1c8b5c92a843fc4dde7ce18440f9980ae4690ca9d3a7>

*Special Live Webcast*

*WannaCry Ransomware Threat - What We Know So Far*

Friday, May 12 - 7:45 pm PDT

Speaker: Jake Williams

The WannaCry ransomware worm is unprecedented for two reasons. First, it's
a ransomware worm. Second, it appears to be using a recently patched
exploit that was stolen from NSA to propagate. Jake Williams' firm,
Rendition Infosec, has been tracking the use of this exploit since it was
publicly released and completed another internet wide scan of the Internet
for this threat this afternoon.

Come learn what we know so far about the malware, the leaked exploits,
mitigation strategies, and predictions for future impact from SANS
Certified Instructor Jake Williams.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8508666771681775106

Note: If you are unable to attend, this webcast will be recorded for
ondemand viewing. Once the webcast is archived, we will send another email
with instructions on how to access the archive.