[OWASP-Portland] Next Chapter Meeting - Jan 9th New Relic Josh Farwell Docker Security

David Quisenberry dmqpdx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 03:09:23 UTC 2019

Portland OWASP Chapter Meeting - Docker Exploits with Josh Farwell -
January 9th, New Relic, 6-8pm
Docker has become a very popular tool for deploying server applications. It
aims to solve many problems with dependency management and drift between
development and production environments, and make it easy for developers to
deploy their software quickly.

This talk is about how to use all of this wonderful convenience for evil.
It will cover Docker containers and how they work (and how to infect them
with malware), some services commonly used in Docker infrastructure and how
to find and exploit them, and some Docker-specific post-exploitation
strategies. It will also cover best practices for mitigating and detecting
attacks on your Docker infrastructure and how to create a healthy security
culture among your Docker engineers.

Josh is a Linux security practitioner and developer based in Portland,
Oregon. He works as a security engineer at New Relic, where he builds
security visibility tools, breaks SaaS software, and helps developers build
secure infrastructure.

Register here
<https://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Portland-Chapter/events/257033486/>!